Thursday, April 26, 2012

A Walk Down Memory Lane, that you may remember

Moving away is hard. It is hard to leave the people you love. Whether its to go to a new place filled with people you love but don't necessarily know too well, or to a place where you know no one, its hard. And while change is exciting and fun, its also scary and stressful. But you make some great memories doing it. I have friends in many different places, all with my own experiences and memories of them. And its so fun, from time to time, to go creep on their facebooks, to move from person to person that I went to high school with, was best friends in 1st grade with, or even just met at a random event, it is great to check them out and remember what we shared in that moment, or even who I was at that time.

I love looking at peoples pages of who I went to High School with. Its great seeing the lame lives of people who bullied me, or the great things that my favorite friends from them are doing. Its so weird to look at the lives of the people who you used to be so close to, but after one summer all drifted apart. Its fun to remember that perfect summer with your best friends, spent by the lake. Or the surprise party you threw for your best friend. Or the awesome trip to the zoo with my favorite person in College and her friends.

The weirdest part for me, is to look back through all these years of friends and acquaintances and to remember who I was then. My life and personality has been constantly developing and changing and growing to make me the person that I am today. I have become that person through a lot of different experiences and relationships and realizations. It is really great, but weird to see what was important to you at those moments.

I am looking to start a new location, and a new chapter in my life, and I am excited for it, but at the same time, not sure how ready I am to move on. I get bored easy when I stay in one place for too long, and so I want to be somewhere new for a while and just move around, and explore the great things that this earth has to offer while I can. But it is really hard to do, to leave behind all you know.

I guess you just have to trust that there is a greater plan that is being put into motion and that it is just about trusting that you are going to end up where you are meant to end up. And that is all that you can really do.

No comments:

Post a Comment