Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Baths, Beer, Books and....writing

There is nothing more relaxing and more wonderful than these four things. ESPECIALLY when you can combine them. Any of these combinations is completely wonderful and amazing. I try to do at least 2 of these a day. (Usually beer and writing, though the other two are just as great). I think that it is what keeps me sane through a busy or tough week. This week we are doing our district Easter Egg Hunts, and our bi-annual expo.

Shout to Mark from Element Fitness in Camarillo, CA. They do awesome boot camps and personal training for people! They are great! So helpful and knowledgeable! If you want to get back into shape, definitely check out their website here. Mark told me today that he read my blog it was embarrassing but kinda awesome. So he gets a shout out!

But anyways, this is an amazing time for me because I am so busy, we had our event last night with over 400 people, today was closer to 300 and then we finish up at Mugu tomorrow. It will be so amazing, both to execute the event, and to finish it! This is a really great feature about my job, I am able to go and do an event several times. Usually most events you work on for months, then in one night, usually just a few hours, it is over. Which is bittersweet. After pouring your heart and soul into a project and spending so much time going over all the details that few hours seem both so rewarding, but anti-climactic at the same time.

When you do it 3 times, 3 days in a row, it gets crazy. You love and hate it, you see ways to improve on it, but at the same time, you don't want to think about it anymore. But really it is a wonderful thing. come friday morning ill be exhausted and glad the event is done, but already excited for my ideas for next year. My next two events are very low work on my part on the day of the event. We are doing cake decorating in a few weeks, and then are doing a couples adventure to Magic Mountain after that. It will be great. Then we are doing the event that I am SO excited about. A kids Carnival. I am trying to make it seem like a traveling gypsy type carnival/midway games event. I have so many ideas and am so excited about this! I will be posting lots about this as I get more ideas and more things come to fruition!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment