Saturday, March 17, 2012

St. Patricks Day

My whole family is Irish. Now I know that it isn't the straight out of Ireland fresh off the boat Ireland, but we have always been extremely proud of our heritage. Two years ago I had the opportunity to study abroad in Ireland and meet some of the most fantastic people ever. It was a great experience I was able to explore the countryside and meet some amazing people, Irish and American. So St. Patricks day tends to bring back a wave of nostalgia. I don't know what it is, maybe the Irish car bombs, Irish Pubs or just drunk texts from my friends.

I have been so blessed that I can keep in contact with all of these people and that we can watch each other grown in our lives. Its great to see them graduating school, falling in love, getting big time jobs, and making a difference in the world. It is great to see at the end of an experience that as we have fallen back into our lives and  gone back to the routine of life, we are all able to keep in contact and we are able to be supportive of each other. There is something that happens when you study abroad, a bond that comes. There are things about me that only they can relate to and understand. They are the only ones felt that way at the same time.

I miss them all dearly and loved that I was able to spend such a fun, adventurous and exciting time in my life with them. They are so wonderful and I love all of them so much! 

No comments:

Post a Comment