Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Groupon Calling....

I have recently been self diagnosed with a terrible disease. It is the desire to constantly purchase things. I am sure that it is a problem that many of us have. As I have spent the entirety of my working life watching my hard earned money slowly leak out of my bank account due to late night Taco Bell runs and random books and clothes that litter my room. After much deliberation, I have come up with a reasonable solution.

Besides the usual cut backs, making meals at home and bringing them to work, or cutting out the early morning coffee I have also found a way to keep my bank account, and my terrible habits in check. I have found a solution that works for me. First i subscribe to every single rewards program and coupon program i can find. AKA www.groupon.com is my absolute favorite place. I found cheap prices for spa treatments, for dinner shows, for wine tasting, and even simple things like dinner. Groupon is great because it not only lets you get things at ridiculously low prices it also is a great way to see new things going on in your area.

Another way I am working to save my money is letting my self buy at most, $100 a month in clothes. This is a good amount because i can spend it over that month buying one or two little things. My advice? get a job at your favorite store, even if it is one night a week or just working floorset. (which is about 1 or 2 shifts from around 8 pm to 1 am usually on Friday nights. This is where you take all the clothing off the floor and bring out the new line and set up the floor the way it needs to be done.) You can get in a little extra cash and usually they give discounts that are pretty decent. I work at Aerie by American Eagle, and now i can shop at almost half off. Even if you dont want that second or third job, always sign up for their rewards card. At American Eagle if you spend over $100 in a three month period they will send you a coupon for 15% off. Be smart shoppers and get the rewards you earn.

I am the queen on snacking. I do it all day everyday. My biggest secret is to buy things and just keep it in my car. I always have a case of Diet Coke, (because I am not a fan of Pepsi) a few packages of popcorn, chips, and on good days maybe even some candies. Sometimes for lunch I will eat a bag of popcorn because i can pop it at one job and eat it on the way to class. I would recommend this for anyone who likes to eat food all the time. I can shop about twice a week and cut almost half my spending on food.

Welp thats all I can think of for today =)

No comments:

Post a Comment