Monday, May 13, 2013

Life is changing

What do you want to be when you grow up?

That question has plagued me since I was little. I have wanted to be so many things, but its hard to commit to one thing. Sure, there is no crime with switching careers through out your life, but I am having such a hard time finding one thing to pour my love into. I feel like a mess, I want to write, I want to plan events, I want to be a mom, I want to work from home, I want to try real estate, I want to work in DC, I want to travel, I want to even live abroad. There is so much that I feel like I can do, and want to try, but how do I know where to go?

I just get so impatient waiting for things. I mean I am being active, I am actively pursuing these things, but I feel like there is a bit of waiting to reap the benefits. I hope to be successful, and hope to grow in my career, but I feel like I have to start somewhere and grow.

My ultimate goal is to own an Event Planning business. As most of you know, I have been doing that on the side, but I am no where near being able to do that full time. But I am stuck, because I don't feel like I have the time or finances to actually expand and market it full time. So I need something to be a second love until I have the ability to make the leap. So what am I doing to figure out where I need to be?

I am starting to do some informational interviews. I am meeting with other professionals in jobs that I am interested in, and finding out if I think it would be right for me. I am really excited, I have my first meeting tonight with a Real Estate Agent. I hope that it opens my eyes to what the job is really like. I feel like that will be something that I can do and grow with and do while I develop an events career. I am excited to see if this venture will be something that I am interested in, and if it is, I will be excited to start the journey. If not, then I suppose I will find another professional and pick their brain.


Life is exciting and a total journey. I am loving my journey and loving the way my life is turning out! Wedding planning, jobs, DC, Summer, it's all happening and keeping me busy! Make sure you get out there and don't waste a day 

No comments:

Post a Comment